For more information about our presbytery, please visit our website.
Featured Church/Mission: Free Grace Presbyterian Church (profile), Lewiston, Maine (Pastor Per Almquist)
1. Praise that it is abundantly clear to us that God is at work here through, and despite, us. Pray that we would continue to see God working in such a way that we can not doubt his free grace to us.
2. That we would see God provide $3000/month for the next two years in such a way that we can not doubt it is he who did it.
3. That others both locally and our partners would see his provision so clearly that they give the glory to him alone and are drawn to worshipping him.
4. That people's lives would be changed by the power of the gospel as they come to Jordan's Bridge Christian Counseling with their struggles in life.
5. That we would continue to respond to our financial shortfall with worship and find our strength and hope in his provision of Jesus Christ and not our finances.
Featured Potential Church Planting Site: Montpelier, Vermont (profile)
1. Pray for the work of God’s Spirit among the people of Vermont’s capital city.
2. Pray for the leaders of the Vermont government including Governor Jim Douglas.
3. Pray for God’s blessing upon the church in northern Vermont.
Featured Potential College Ministry Site: University of Maine (profile), Orono, Maine
1. Pray for the students, faculty, and staff at the main campus of the University of Maine in the summer ahead and for the town of Orono.
2. Pray for the campus ministries at the University of Maine, including Campus Crusade for Christ, Intervarsity Christian Fellowship, and the Maine Christian Association.
MNA Committee work:
Burlington: Continue to pray for the committee’s work toward preparing for a joint church planting/RUF work in Burlington, VT. Pray in particular for:
1. Joseph Pensak and his family, that he would conclude his current calling well.
2. The continued development of financial and prayer support for the work in Burlington.
3. The Lord of the harvest to continue to prepare hearts to be receptive to the message of the Gospel.
Herb Shipman: Continue to pray for adequate support to be forthcoming to support Pastor Shipman in his work as an evangelist to the dairy farming community of northern Vermont.
Presbytery Interns: Continue to pray for: Tom Powell, as he finishes up his Th.M. degree at Gordon-Conwell; we rejoice that he has begun an internship at Hope Presbyterian Church; Mike Viera, as he begins his studies again at Reformed Theological Seminary in Jackson; and Nathan Snyder, as he completes his last semester in the M. Div. program at Covenant Seminary and begins an internship this summer.